*Please note that by signing up to 3 x monthly payments you are committed to a payment plan of the full price of the course and unable to cancel. By continuing with your purchase you acknowledge awareness of these terms.
Think Dog! Certificate in Canine Behaviour & Training.
Externally accredited programme.
This unique and applied canine behaviour course provides a sound foundation on the subject of dog behaviour and training. The course is home-study based, illustrated throughout, with accompanying video material and self-assessment.
The course represents the cutting edge of modern behaviour theories and practice. It is delivered at Level Two and gives 12 credits. It is designed to be an ideal first stage in-line with new industry regulations in terms of study level.
Please note: this is the fully ACCREDITED version of the Programme - and as such requires you to submit work and pass assessment. You will receive guidance from a personal tutor, and are required to complete the course within six months.
Successful completion results in gaining a Certificate from both ThinkDog! as a recognised education provider, and Laser Learning - a government recognised externally accrediting body. This level of interaction and assessment is reflected in the course price. If you prefer to take the course but without accreditation, you can opt to do so here: ThinkDog! Certificate, (Self-Assessed), Part One.
What you will learn:
- A brief history of dog training
- Social evolution of the domestic dog
- The secrets of the domestic dog
- Challenging the dominance myth
- If it's not dominance, then what is it?
- Canine behaviour and influencing factors
- Recognising and understanding health, diet and the influence of stress
- The influence (positive and negative) of training methods on canine behaviour
- Learning theory explained
- Punishments versus rewards
- Early learning
- Factors affecting learning
- The concept of clean clicker training
- Clicker training step-by-step
- Clicker training demos
- An introduction to canine aggression
- Why do dogs choose aggression?
- Causes, effects, management and resolution
- On-leash versus off-leash aggression
- Shades of grey!
- Sarah's behavioural problem solving techniques for common issues, including chasing, stealing and jumping up
- Real-life case history presented on video
- Fear in dogs
- How to approach a training session or consultation
- Why your first driving lesson wasn't on the M25!
Unique course features:
- Illustrated, up-to-the-minute course notes
- Webinars and audio guides from Sarah
- Videos of live training sessions
- Video material demonstrating a real case history
- Interactive quiz and downloadable Certificate on pass and completion
Who is this course for?
This canine behaviour course is for anyone who wishes to further their own knowledge of dog behaviour and training, either to expand their skill base or as the start of a whole new career. It focuses on experience and understanding, not simply academic theory. Many professionals - including Sarah - started with this course and recommend it as a result.
It really is life-changing education!
If you want to become proficient in helping others resolve issues with their dogs and design a future for yourself that is both compelling and achievable, there’s no better place to start.
“It is rare that a course can change your life – but ‘Think Dog!’ really did change mine! Whether you are looking for a better understanding of your own dog, a way to enhance your career, or ways to improve animal welfare, this course is truly inspirational.”JG, Berkshire.
How is the course delivered?
This course is all online, so you can access it when and wherever you want. You will have 12 months access to the Programme, so you can complete it at your own pace.
The Programme is delivered via webinars from Sarah, including multiple images and video, as well as supporting written materials for you to read.
Sarah has also created useful pdf owner guides for you to download and use with clients… she’s written them, so you don’t have to!
What will you gain from this course?
This Programme is not intended to make you into a canine behaviour specialist in just five online Modules (!). However, it is designed to give you useful skills and confidence in recognising how and where you can help owners with their dogs, how to choose between different training methods and strategies and how to apply theory to real-life practice.
Amidst the plethora of online misinformation, grandstanding forums and self-interested YouTubers, this course shines brightly. The very best of contemporary ...Read More
Amidst the plethora of online misinformation, grandstanding forums and self-interested YouTubers, this course shines brightly. The very best of contemporary theories and practitioners are condensed into this easily digestible, modulated course. It was enjoyable, easy to access and worth every penny. Looking forward to Part Two!Read Less